Monday, January 18, 2016

Important - Before You Learn From Me

I should note that I am a terrible teacher. I've never been good at it, but I hope that I can lead by example.

Before you begin to learn from this website, I want to direct you to a video series that had helped me greatly in learning what I do know about game design: Tom Francis' (the developer of Gunpoint and the upcoming Heat Signature) Make a Game With No Experience.


Through work and personal life, I have not been able to finish this video series for myself, but if you want to learn how to make games in Game Maker, this is the best source for getting started.

This blog itself is a hybrid of an ongoing dev diary for all of my games and a learning tool for beginning developers, so don't expect the amount of depth that you will get from Tom Francis' educational series, but I do hope the two of us, yes, you and me, will come away from this blog with more to show for than what we started with.

- Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment