Sunday, January 31, 2016

Finished First Game (And Notes On Audio)

So, on Friday, something weird happened. I finished the game,

Yeah, I wasn't really expecting that. I had been expecting to be working on it forever until I died, like everything I do. 

But, yeah, the January Game, now known as "Fistful of Bullets: Low Noon" (I was really tired when I named it), is completed and on the Steam Workshop page for GameMaker: Studio. The GM:S itself is free, so if you can download that, you can play my game.
As well, I know that on the last post I was complaining of not being able to get the sound to work, but as it turns out, GameMaker once again has a checkbox that controls whether or not sounds work correctly ticked.

To fix it, go back to the resources tab and select Global Game Settings from the drop menu, just like how we fixed the color interpolation in the previous post.

This time, stick to the General tab of the GGS window, and uncheck the box next to "Use New Audio Engine".

This should fix most issues with calling in audio to play.

It feels awesome to have completely finished my first GameMaker game, beginning to end. It didn't hit me right away, but that's because I wasn't expecting how natural the progression to feel. All I did was take things one step at a time, and eventually I had a game.

Let me know if any of you have made your first games after checking out this site, I'd be glad to check them out!


- Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment